Medical indemnity insurance quote
We insure the following
- Bariatric Surgery – (Includes work in the General Surgery specialisation but also includes Bariatric procedures)
- Cardiology – Non-Interventional (Excludes any interventional procedures)
- Cardiology – Interventional (Includes work in Cardiology – Non-Interventional specialisation but also includes interventional procedures)
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Colorectal Surgery
- Cosmetic Non-Surgical (Includes photodynamic therapy, minor cosmetics, resurfacing lasers (including ablative), kybella, injectables, anti-wrinkle and dermal fillers, cosmetic laser, collagen induction therapy (micro-needling), Sclerotherapy and microsclerotherapy, radiofrequency machines, superficial facial peels microdermabrasion, Belkyra, IPL/low level cosmetic laser.)
- Cosmetic Surgical (Includes cutting beneath the skin and major cosmetic procedures such as fat grafting, blepharoplasty, breast augmentation and hair transplant.)
- Doctor in Training
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrine Surgery
- General Physician
- General Practice – Minor-Procedural (Any non-procedural or minor procedural work. Includes IUD and insertion, minor skin procedures such as excisions or punch biopsies of skin lesions, removal of ingrown toenails, shared antenatal care, injections such as immunisations (iron deficiency injections). Excludes anaesthetic, cosmetic, and obstetric work
- General Practice – Procedural (Includes Minor Procedural activities plus Procedural work. Includes regional anaesthetic, circumcision, and vasectomy. Doctors working in Skin Cancer clinics should select this category.) Excludes obstetrics unless care is shared antenatal.
- General Practice – Obstetrics (Includes Minor Procedural and Procedural & Skin Cancer activities plus general anaesthetic and obstetrics.)
- General Surgery (Excludes any Bariatric procedures)
- Geriatric Medicine
- Hospital Medical Officer
- Immunology and Allergy
- Infectious Diseases
- Intensive Care
- Nuclear Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Occupational Medicine
- Ophthalmology – Non-Procedural (Excludes any surgical procedures)
- Ophthalmology – Procedural (Includes work in the Ophthalmology – Non-Procedural specialisation but also includes surgical procedures)
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery (Excludes any neck or spinal procedures)
- Orthopaedic Surgery – Incl. Spinal and Neck (Includes work in the Orthopaedic Surgery specialisation but also includes any neck or spinal procedures)
- Otolaryngology (Surgery)
- Paediatric Surgery
- Pain Management
- Palliative Care
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery (Excludes any cosmetic procedures)
- Plastic, Reconstructive And Cosmetic Surgery (Includes work in the Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery specialisation but also includes any cosmetic procedures)
- Public And Community Health
- Radiation Oncology
- Respiratory Medicine
- Sports Medicine
- Surgical Assisting
- Ultrasound – Diagnostic
- Vascular Surgery
When the time comes to renew your medical indemnity insurance, it’s easy to stick with the same insurer. This could be a costly decision, because you might do better by switching. As a consumer, you are well within your rights to shop around and obtain alternate quotes. In fact, a regular review of your medical indemnity insurance is the best way to ensure you are getting the right coverage and a fair price.
There are a multitude of reasons you may choose to obtain a medical indemnity insurance quote:
Your circumstances have changed – you are starting in private practice, changed or expanded your healthcare specialty, or your billings have increased or decreased since last year.
You’re eligible for other discounts – based on your age and history, you may qualify for significant discounts with a new policy. You may also be entitled to discounts if you are starting out in private practice.
You want better value – your current policy worked for you in the past, but is no longer competitively priced.
You want better cover – your current policy may not have recently introduced coverage features – obtaining a medical indemnity insurance quote will allow you to compare cover across the different medical indemnity insurers.
You’re paying more than you should – you’ve been claim-free for several years but your premiums keep increasing.
You want better customer service – you’re experiencing poor service and response times with your existing medical indemnity insurer and may have had difficulties when making a claim or seeking medico-legal advice.
An insurance broker can offer you transparency and advocacy, saving you time, money and worry. Insurance can be very complicated, and an insurance broker can obtain a medical indemnity insurance quote on your behalf and demystify insurance jargon, help you understand cover and ensure you are properly protected.
Ask your broker to obtain a medical indemnity insurance quote and compare policies to find the best value coverage.
Regularly review your medical indemnity policy and compare what the competitors are offering.
Check the terms and conditions of your current policy to see if cancellation penalties apply – some penalties may not be legally enforceable.
Make sure you understand and comply with the formal cancellation procedures of your policy.
Check how long it will take to have the new policy activate.
Request a quote
What our customers are saying
David Moore, Obstetrician, Gynaecologist & Fertility Specialist
Being a FRANZCOG doesn’t necessarily mean 100% of my billings comes from the high-risk practice of obstetrics; I work also in gynaecology and fertility, both of which represent a lower claims risk to me and my indemnity provider. Tego offered something no other provider did (and I asked all of them!): they tailored my indemnity policy to my actual practice. Not only was Tego’s policy equal to the best policies on the market in terms of cover and facilities, it was significantly more affordable; more importantly, it was reflective of my actual practice.
Dr. Benjamin Olesnicky Anaesthetist
The cover with Tego was more comprehensive than my existing insurer and I was pleasantly surprised to see some great savings on my premium. As a doctor passionate about patient safety and research, it’s great to see Tego support some of the projects we are running at the Northern Sydney Anaesthesia Research Institute (NSARI). Tego are attentive and treat me like an individual – not just a policy holder.
Dr Alina Zeldovich, Ophthalmologist & Co-Founder Beamers
I was very impressed with the way Tego’s underwriters assessed me on my individual merits. Once I compared the cover with my existing insurer, I realised that Tego was offering broader cover at a more competitive premium. It was an easy switch and I have been really happy with their service.
Dr. Johnny Levy Medical Director, Primary Health Care Limited
I have found the legal advice – on a range of issues – given by Tego to be very useful. All interactions have been timely, friendly and have answered my questions fully.