Financial Hardship Policy Statement
FINANCIAL HARDSHIP POLICY
Our Financial Hardship Policy can help you access support and services when facing financial stress.
We are committed to supporting customers struggling to meet their financial commitments, through
various options which may be available.
These options may include:
- Granting an extension of due date for payment.
- Offering payment in instalments, considering what can be afforded and over what time frame.
- Postponing one or more instalments. When making this assessment, we will consider what is a
reasonable time in which the customer will be able to make payment.
- Paying a reduced lump sum. In discussions regarding a reduction in the lump sum, we must
(amongst other things) clearly explain:
- the change in premium and the effect on the lump sum;
- that if the customer wishes to increase their lump sum at a later date, they must go through
underwriting and, where appropriate, amended documentation may be issued.
HOW TO APPLY FOR SUPPORT
If you are experiencing financial hardship and wish to request assistance, please contact us by calling
1300 834 683 or emailing email@example.com. One of our team members will provide you with
an application form to apply for support and assist with any questions you may have about the process.
We understand that privacy and confidentiality can be critical to safety in financial hardship situation and
OTHER AVAILABLE SUPPORT SERVICES
- National Debt Helpline – 1800 007 007
- ASIC MoneySmart website