Australia Medical Indemnity Insurance safeguards both practices and their professionals.
Medical Indemnity Insurance safeguards both practices and their professionals in the allied health sectors from claims for property damage, financial loss, and bodily injury coming from omissions and errors in your medical practice.
It is essential that practices or incorporated entities providing health care services whether you operate a general practice, nursing home, day surgery, or hospital have Medical Indemnity Insurance.
For allied professionals and practices, Health and Medical Indemnity Insurance policies ensure substantial coverage for:
- Australian & New Zealand Breaches of the Competition and Consumer Act & the Fair Trading Acts
- Breach of duty (like-confidentiality)
- Damage or Loss to documents (to the full policy limit)
- Fraudulent and Dishonest malicious or criminal acts liability cover (vicarious))
- Deceptive and misleading conduct under the ASIC Act 2001
- Intellectual Property Infringement
- Definition of ‘claim’ includes verbal and written and demands
- Defence Costs & Expenses Costs (Claims Investigation Costs) paid with the Policy Limit for Australia & New Zealand jurisdictions
- Advancement of claim investigation costs
- Continuous cover
If your Health Practice has unique and complex needs in relation to Medical Indemnity Insurance, get in touch with an insurance provider and advisor who will help assess your risks and give you specialist advice on what level of cover will suit your needs.
Your business operations create a need for your business to have its own Medical Indemnity Insurance. All the different potential claims against you are exhaustive, as well as show the complexity that can arise in medico-legal cases and how variable the circumstances of each case can be.
Medical Indemnity Insurance in Australia is one of the most complex areas of general insurance and is often the most misunderstood. There is a raft of legislation which is designed to protect registered healthcare practitioners (and patient’s rights to seek compensation when mistakes occur). Contact a Medical Indemnity Insurance advisor to find out more.
Tego is a provider of medical indemnity insurance for doctors in Australia. Medical Indemnity insurance is a critical component of a strong career. When things go wrong, you need to ensure that you have the best doctors medical indemnity insurance in place. It’s important that you obtain a medical indemnity insurance quote to enable you to compare cover across the different medical indemnity insurers. Contact Tego today to find out the cost of medical indemnity insurance.